The Assistant Coach serves by assisting with the design and implementation of an activities program from 7th grade through varsity level in accordance with applicable rules and regulations related to the sport; providing supervision of student athletes during all aspects of the program; using sound instructional techniques in assisting the program activities; serving as a positive role model to student athletes; and serving in a liaison capacity for the school and program with other schools both within and/or outside the district, to the community and to the various organizations. Individuals in this job classification are assigned to a position for a specific sport.
Essential Job Functions:
- Attends work in a regular, reliable and punctual manner.
- Analyzes and assesses opposition's strategies and strengths/weaknesses for game/event prior to and/or during athletic events as appropriate for the purpose of developing game plan/approach.
- Assesses student athletes for the purpose of providing feedback to students on his/her individual performance and/or determining team placement.
- Assists the Head Coach in developing and promoting off season programs and opportunities for student athletes (e.g. open facilities, strength training, speed development, and team camps, etc.) for the purpose of strengthening and improving the skills of student athletes and the program.
- Attends a variety of meetings, workshops, conferences, etc. for the purpose of receiving and conveying information.
- Attends a variety of supporting activities (e.g. parent orientations, recognition events, banquets, etc.) for the purpose of providing information regarding the program and/or recognizing participants' accomplishments.
- Required: Must meet minimum MSHSAA requirements.
- Preferred: Valid Missouri Teaching Certificate.