Under the direction of the building athletic director/principal, head coach and assistant coach instructs and works with athletes to prepare them for competition. Coaches help athletes to play their best individually and as a team in sports such as football, baseball, basketball, softball, soccer, volleyball, wrestling, tennis, cross country, swimming, track and golf.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate information regarding expectation, practices, competitions and other events with parents, players and administration in a timely manner.
- Conduct orientation programs for parents, athletes and assistant coaches.
- Develop procedures and establish open communication with parents and athletes to address any issues or concerns related to the team.
- Teach sports techniques, playing rules, strategies and playing tactics.
- Practice with clear objectives and goals including practice plans.
- Condition athletes appropriately for activities requiring endurance, strength and agility.
- Supervise and conduct practices and contests safely; supervise locker rooms and vehicles.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have the legal right to work in the U.S.
- Must pass Federal and Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation background check in accordance with Ohio Administrative Code Section 3301-83-06.
- Ohio Teaching license preferred.
The Dayton Public School District provides equal educational and employment opportunities for all people without regard to race, gender, ethnicity, color, age, disability, religion, national origin, creed, sexual orientation, or affiliation with a union or professional organization.