Duties & Responsibilities:
- Teach fundamentals and skills.
- Assist head coach in conducting practice sessions.
- Teach rules and regulations.
- Display and teach good sportsmanship.
- Assist head coach in maintaining, issuing, and collecting of all equipment and supplies.
- Supervise players at all times.
- Comply with all Athletic Department, school, and RI Interscholastic League Rules and Regulations.
- Attend all coaches’ meetings, practices, and contests.
- Provide for care and prevention of athletic injuries.
- Coach the junior varsity team.
- At the request of the head coach, scout opposing teams.
- Knowledge in particular sport based upon experience as a participant and/or coach.
- Directly responsible to the athletic director in liaison with the principal.
- NFHS Fundamentals of Coaching Certificate.
- CPR & 1st Aid Certificate.
- Concussion in Sports Certificate.
- RI State Component Course Certificate.
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest Certificate.
- Covid 19 for Coaches and Administrators Certificate.