Assist the Head Coach of a high school athletic team and support the development of the athletic program by teaching fundamentals and advanced skills of the sport while following Colorado High School Athletic Association (CHSAA) and Poudre School District guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the head coach with practice sessions to best develop sport skills and sportsmanship with student athletes in the sport.
- Help supervise student athletes prior to, during, and after all school sanctioned events; ensure student safety at all times and make sure student athletes are equipped for safety.
- Attend and monitor practices and games.
- Assist with communicating to athletes and parents student athlete expectations including practice schedules and games, as well as academic performance, respect, commitment, dedication, and sportsmanship.
- Follow all CHSAA and Poudre School District guidelines.
- Assist with inventory and security of equipment and supplies.
- Assist with equipment maintenance, locker-room supervision, and extra practices.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous coaching experience in the sport strongly preferred.
- Must have expertise in the fundamental skills, rules, and schemes pertaining to the sport.