To help each participating student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self-esteem.
- Valid Missouri teacher license or substitute certificate issued through DESE.
- Preferred previous coaching experience in assigned sport/activity.
- Possession of the knowledge, skills, abilities, and physical attributes necessary to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate or acceptable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the coaching of individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport/activity involved.
- Assists in planning and scheduling a regular program of practice in season.
- Works closely with the athletic director and Head Coach/Sponsor in scheduling interscholastic contests.
- Recommends purchase of equipment, supplies, and uniforms, as appropriate.
- Maintains necessary attendance forms, insurance records, and similar paperwork.
- Oversees the safety conditions of the facility or area in which assigned sport/activity is conducted at all times that students are present.
- Establishes performance criteria for eligibility in interscholastic competition in the assigned sport/activity.