The Assistant Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Coach as well as other assigned student-related duties and responsibilities. Said activities shall be conducted in accordance with the respective rules, regulations, and policies of Coastal Alabama Community College, National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA), Alabama Community College Conference (ACCC), and the Alabama Community College System Board of Trustees.
- Assist the Head Coach with recruiting, scouting of opponents, and training members of the team.
- Assist the Head Coach with management of game-day activities, such as statistics, manager supervision, and travel for away games.
- Assist the Head Coach with the regular practice sessions in and out of the season as permitted.
- Assist the Head Coach in motivating student-athletes to perform to maximum levels.
- Assist the Head Coach with all fundraising activities.
- In cooperation with the Head Coach, the Assistant Coach develops and maintains a system to identify potential recruits and to work closely with area high school coaches and parents to recruit quality student athletes to Coastal Alabama Community College.
- Work in conjunction with the Head Coach to encourage the development of psychological, social, and mental skills necessary for the student athletes to be successful in the classroom, on the field, and in future endeavors.
- Work with Admissions and Financial Aid to expedite the registration, admissions, and other administrative processing of all student athletes.
- Preference is given to candidates who can demonstrate through their experiences and accomplishments:
- An understanding of and commitment to the philosophy and mission of a comprehensive community college;
- Commitment to all students and faculty including those of diverse cultures and ethnic backgrounds;
- An understanding of the broad range of students' abilities in an open admissions college and the ability to communicate to the community college student population;
- Demonstrated speaking and writing skills.
Coastal Alabama Community College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Alabama Community College System, including all postsecondary community and technical colleges under the control of the Alabama Community College System Board of Trustees, that no employee or applicant for employment or promotion, shall be discriminated against on the basis of any impermissible criterion or characteristic including, without limitation, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, disability, sex, age or any other protected class as defined by federal and state law.