Responsible for the organization, direction, and administration of all aspects of the golf program in accordance with Howard University, Northeast Conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Assist in providing direction, coordination, and instruction to the Howard University Golf Team in compliance with the Athletic Department and University policies and procedures and NCAA and Northeast Conference rules.
- Responsible for adhering to policies and procedures of the Department, University, NCAA, and Northeast Conference.
- Responsible for assisting in recruiting highly skilled student-athletes for the golf team.
- Responsible for assisting in the orientation of student-athletes and counseling the student-athletes in sport participation and athletics.
- Assist with establishing and setting training rules for student-athletes and inform them of acceptable standards of conduct.
- Assist in establishing eligibility of freshmen and transferring student-athletes and assure continued eligibility of returning student-athletes.
- Assist in conducting all practice sessions.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
- Two years of successful coaching experience OR playing competitively either at the collegiate or professional level.
- Specific knowledge in the sport of golf and knowledge and compliance with NCAA rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational, written, and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, discretion, and flexibility.
- Knowledge of personal computers, Microsoft Office, standard office equipment, and all equipment used in golf.