This position, under the direction of the Head Golf Coach, independently performs and is responsible for (1) assisting the Head Coach in the coordination of a safe, enthusiastic, growing golf program, (2) the recruitment, supervision, and coaching of NAIA (National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics) golf athletes, under the guidelines of the College, KCAC (Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference) and NAIA policies and procedures, and (3) working with all staff to provide a quality program and encourage student athletes in both athletic excellence and good sportsmanship.
- Assists in the administration of all phases of a NAIA golf program including recruiting qualified student athletes.
- Assist in formulating the team's competitive schedule.
- Assist in organizing and training athletes for successful and safe competition.
- Keep abreast of current trends and methods by participating in clinics, workshops, etc. that contribute to professional development and self-improvement.
- Adhere to college, KCAC and NAIA policies and procedures.
- Foster cooperative working relationships with immediate supervisor as well as any staff or team members associated with the program.
- Cooperate with other coaches in providing the optimum sports program possible under existing conditions.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Good communication skills, organized, and able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences, including students, parents, faculty, staff, alumni, administration, and the community-at-large.
- Ability to handle multiple projects/assignments concurrently and be very results-oriented.
- Highly motivated and works well both independently and in a team environment.