Normandy High School is seeking a qualified assistant soccer coach for girls’ varsity soccer. To help each participating student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship and an increased level of self-esteem.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in coaching individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport involved.
- Assist with plans and helps schedule a regular program of practice in season.
- Works closely with the athletics director in scheduling intramural and interscholastic contests.
- Assist with recommendations of purchase of equipment, supplies, and uniforms, as appropriate.
- Assist with maintaining necessary attendance forms, insurance records, and similar paperwork.
- Assist with the overseeing of the safety conditions of the facility or area in which assigned sport is conducted at all times that students are present.
- Assist with establishing performance criteria for eligibility in interscholastic competition in his/her sport.
- Assist with enforcing disciplined and sportsmanlike behavior at all times and establishes and oversees penalties for breach of such standards by individual students.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or MSHSAA Requirements for Athletic Coaches.
- General knowledge of coaching techniques and procedures.
- Ability to instruct and supervise student athletes.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.