Under the general supervision of the Aquatics Program Coordinator, the Swim Team Assistant Head Coach will instruct swim team participants on swimming stroke techniques and take direction from the Swim Team Head Coach during practices and swim meets. Responsible for providing aquatic learning in a safe environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be knowledgeable of swim stroke techniques and practice and meet procedures and standards.
- Instruct swim team participants on swimming stroke techniques, endurance, starts and turn.
- May be required to enter the water and demonstrate swimming techniques as needed.
- Understand and take direction from the Swim Team Head Coach on appropriate workouts each day for age group and skill level, must be present each day with swimmers and minimize on deck distractions.
- Ensure swim team practices run properly and start on time.
- Observe and notify facility staff of any pool maintenance needs and safety hazards.
- Enforce department rules and policies as outlined in The Woodlands Township Employee Handbook, The Woodlands Township Swim Team Manual, and NWAL Handbook and code of conduct.
- Communicate effectively with participants, parents, and Swim Team Head Coach(es).
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- One (1) year of previous swim team or swim lesson experience.
- Must possess a valid Texas driver's license and meet the driver safety policy requirements.
- Must pass the NWAL Team Representative online test.