Coastal Carolina University is currently accepting applications for the following position: Associate Head Women’s Lacrosse Coaching the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics.
- Perform duties associated with instructing, training and coaching team members individually and in groups to include demonstration of game techniques.
- Plan coaching and practice sessions in accordance with NCAA and Conference regulations.
- Recruit quality prospective student-athletes and ensure timely submission of their academic records for admissions.
- Participate in recruitment and designation of scholarship athletes.
- Develop and recommend game strategy and position assignments in consultation with other coaching staff members.
- In conjunction with Student-Athlete Academic Services, monitor academic progress and status of team members, implementing action plans through appropriate staff when needed.
- Communicate with the Athletic Business Office or administrative designee the planning of recruiting and team travel and ensure adherence to applicable University policies.
- Participate in the selection and fitting of team equipment.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- A minimum of two years of coaching experience is preferred. A working knowledge and understanding of NCAA Division I rules and procedures, experience in using Word, Excel, ARMS, Hudl and Sportscode, and previous game film breakdown experience is also preferred, as well as Coach Packet navigation abilities.
- A successful candidate should demonstrate strong organizational and communication skills and be able to work well with all athletic department staff, coaches, and athletes.
- Candidate must display the highest of ethical standards, recruit qualified student-athletes, and display a commitment to their academic success.