It is the primary responsibility of the Assistant High School Boys Basketball Coach to teach and guide high school students on the team. This is to include selection and tryouts, practice and skill development, and league play representing Capital Christian School and its mission statement.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Select a team to represent CCS in league play.
- Monitor student behavior and discipline as necessary.
- Evaluate student progress.
- Plan practices.
- Counsel students as required.
- Attend all games/meets and ride the bus with your team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Formal coaching training at college or high school level.
- Knowledge of the sport and its rules and regulations.