The Assistant Coach is responsible for carrying out the mission and objectives of the sport program as outlined by the head coach and school administration; to instruct athletes in individual and team fundamentals, strategy and physical training necessary to realize a degree of individual and team success; and supervise athletic participants in the program when such control is needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the head coach in scheduling and providing transportation to contests, tournaments and special sport events.
- Assists in preparation for scheduled sport events or practices and adheres to scheduled facility times. Coordinates program with custodial, maintenance and school employees.
- Provides documentation to the athletic administrator needed to fulﬁll state and local requirements concerning physical examinations, parental consent and eligibility.
- Provides proper safeguards for maintenance and protection of assigned equipment sites.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED required.
- Language Skills: Ability to respond to common inquiries from parents, patrons or staﬀ. Ability to prepare clear, concise, grammatically correct letters, memos and other written documents. Ability to communicate eﬀectively both verbally and in writing.
- Computer Skills: Basic computer skills helpful.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to follow and successfully complete both written and oral directions. Ability to be precise in given tasks, organized and detail oriented. Ability to read and understand policies. Ability to maintain conﬁdentiality of privileged and sensitive.