Essential Job Duties:
- Coaches participants in the skills necessary for soccer.
- Must maintain competency in rules, regulations, and coaching techniques for the sport/activity.
- Maintains discipline and sportsmanlike conduct of all participants and enforces the policies of the District uniformly when disciplining participants.
- Responsible for the inventory of equipment.
- In team activities, teaches/coaches the importance of team work.
- Understands the proper administrative line of command and refers all requests or grievances through proper channels.
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Procedure manuals.
- Ability to follow both oral and written directions and instructions of the head coach and/or athletic director.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively communicate, orally and in writing, with students, parents, staff, and the community in general.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of employment and student matters.
- Ability to perform duties with an awareness of all District requirements and Board policies.
- Ability to effectively manage time and responsibilities.
- Successful experience playing/coaching high school/college soccer.
- Has the ability to organize and supervise a total sports program.
- The head coach must have substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport and, at the same time, must continue to examine new theories and procedures pertinent to the field.
- CPR/First Aid Certification (or ability to obtain certification within 1 month).