ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the head coach with practice sessions to best develop sport skills and sportsmanship with student athletes in the sport.
- Help supervise student athletes prior to, during, and after all school sanctioned events; ensure student safety at all times and make sure student athletes are equipped for safety.
- Attend and monitor practices and games.
- Assist with communicating to athletes and parents student athlete expectations including practice schedules and games, as well as academic performance, respect, commitment, dedication, and sportsmanship.
- Follow all CHSAA and Poudre School District guidelines.
- Assist with inventory and security of equipment and supplies.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous coaching experience in the sport strongly preferred.
- Must have expertise in the fundamental skills, rules, and schemes pertaining to the sport.
TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Oral and written communication skills.
- English language skills.
- Interpersonal relations skills.
- Customer service and public relations skills.
- Communicate and demonstrate sportsmanship with all athletes, officials, parents and community members.
- Bilingual oral and written communication skills preferred.