- Coach certification required according to OSAA rules.
- Valid first aid card.
- Meet OSAA guidelines for emergency first aid procedures.
- Experience in and/or knowledge of the sport/activity, coaching techniques, and student supervision.
- Ability to work successfully with student athletes, parents, school staff, and public.
- Ability to perform coaching responsibilities in accordance with school district procedures and policies.
- Physical and mental skills abilities needed to perform the essential functions of the position duties assigned by the athletic director and/or principal.
- Must complete required trainings per State Law, Oregon Administrative Rules, and Board policy prior to first day of coaching duties.
- Cooperates with other district coaching and teaching staff.
- Demonstrates sound organization and conducts regular, daily practice sessions on days when no event is scheduled.
- Provides training that will condition participants to competition and assist in preventing injury.
- Issues, keeps inventory, and oversees appropriate use and care of equipment used by the program.
- Participates in professional development as appropriate and attends district athletic department meetings as directed.
- Demonstrates understanding of game/activity preparation and implements acceptable game/activity strategies in consultation with head coach.
- Knows and enforces district rules as outlined in Board policy, the Extra Curricular Activities Code of Conduct, and performs duties accordingly.
- Knows and enforces rules of the league and OSAA.