The Assistant Track & Field Coach is responsible for assisting the head coach with organizing various aspects of the Track & Field program, such as recruiting, scheduling, training, conducting practices, as well as motivating and coaching student-athletes in game strategies and techniques.
- Assist the head coach with instructing players in the rules, regulations, and techniques of Track & Field.
- Organize and direct individual and small group practice activities/exercises as directed by the head coach.
- Assess players’ skills, monitor players during competition and practices, and keep the head Track & Field coach informed of the athletic performance of student-athletes.
- Assist the head coach with determining game strategy and supervising student-athletes during all practices and competitions.
- Follow established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- Maintain the equipment room in orderly condition and assume responsibility for its security.
- Distribute equipment, supplies, and uniforms to student-athletes as directed by the head coach.
- Participate in special activities and other team events, such as banquets or pep assemblies.
- 1-3 years of experience as an assistant Track & Field coach at the high school level.
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills, specifically in the area of goalkeeping.
- Must possess knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and students.