The Assistant Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in the development and improvement of his or her sport through coordinating, planning, evaluation, and implementation of programs. All coaches have the responsibility of overseeing the program in the best interest of Girard College by adhering to the policies and regulations of the Penn-Jersey Athletic Association (P.J.A.A), the Metropolitan Philadelphia Athletic Association (M.P.A.A), the Pennsylvania Independent Schools Athletic Association (P.A.I.S.A.A.), as well as the practices and procedures of the school administration.
- A bachelor’s degree is required with a minimum of three years of coaching experience on the high school, collegiate, or professional level.
- The candidate must have completed the PIAA coaching education requirements at the time of hire.
- The candidate must possess outstanding interpersonal skills and a willingness to work with student athletes, administration, faculty, and staff.
- Assisting the head coach in organizing practice plans, and strategies for opponents.
- Assisting with monitoring the student-athlete’s academic progress and performance.
- Running skill-building drills emphasize the fundamentals of baseball.
- Responsible for player development for team members.
- Responsible for cleaning, storage, and care of team equipment.
- Responsible for team well-being during practice and games, keeping athletes safe and healthy.
- Follow the care plan of the Athletic Trainer for injured student-athletes.
- Maintain current health care certifications. (First Aid, CPR/AED).
- Distribute equipment, supplies, and uniforms to the players before the season. Also, collect all uniforms and equipment at the end of the season.