Position is responsible for coaching student-athletes in game strategies and techniques to prepare them for athletic competition and effectively provide the best possible education for each student-athlete. Position motivates student-athletes to develop an appreciation of the sport.
- Has thorough knowledge of all the athletic policies approved by the ICSD School Board and is responsible for its implementation.
- Understands the proper administrative chain of command and refers all student/parent requests or grievances through the proper channels.
- Maintains discipline and works to increase morale and cooperation within the school sports program.
- Assist the head coach with instructing players in the rules, regulations, equipment and techniques of the sport.
- Assess player’s skills, monitor players during competition and practice and keeps the head coach informed of the athletic performance of the students.
- Work within the basic framework and philosophy of the head coach of that sport and assists with determining game strategy.
- Previous coaching experience in assigned sport is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree is desired.
- Current coaching authorization through the Iowa Board of Educational Examiners.
- Maintain required teaching certification.
- Criminal Fingerprint/Background Check.