The Assistant Volleyball Coach is responsible for assisting the head coach with organizing various aspects of the volleyball program, such as recruiting, scheduling, training, conducting practices, as well as motivating and coaching student-athletes in game strategies and techniques. The Assistant Volleyball Coach is required to abide the PIAA/WPIAL rules and regulations as well as the rules and regulations set by the Ringgold School District Board of Directors.
- Assist the head coach with instructing players in the rules, regulations, and techniques of volleyball.
- Organize and direct individual and small group practice activities/exercises as directed by the head coach.
- Assess players’ skills, monitor players during competition and practices, and keep the head coach informed of the athletic performance of student-athletes.
- Assist the head coach with determining game strategy and supervising student-athletes during all practices and competitions.
- Manage personnel and act as the head coach of the Junior Varsity team.
- Follow established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- Maintain the equipment room in orderly condition and assume responsibility for its security.
- 1-3 years of experience as an assistant volleyball coach at the high school level.
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills, specifically in the area of setting or defensive specialist/libero.
- Must possess knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and students.