Michigan Technological University seeks a goal-oriented, charismatic and dedicated assistant hockey coach with a genuine interest in the success of student-athletes and building a winning hockey program.
- Assist in all aspects of the recruiting program.
- Identify and recruit hockey student-athletes on a national and international basis.
- Develop and implement hockey practice sessions, to meet needs for individual and team improvement – growth and development from the first year through the fourth year are of highest importance. This includes knowledge of overall movement, response and adaptation to exercise to determine how to best train our hockey student-athletes.
- Evaluate Michigan Tech and opposing team capabilities to determine game strategy and manage/prepare for competition; Determine strategy during games in consultation with Head Hockey Coach.
- Enhance and promote the internal and external visibility and recognition of the University and team to alumni, community, campus and off-campus groups.
- Experience coaching at the NCAA Division I Level.
- Significant relatable experience in player development with regards to on ice individual and tactical skill sets.
- Recruiting networks and relationships in key recruiting areas including but not limited to international geographic locations.
- Demonstrated ability to foster a positive and enthusiastic team attitude.
- Superior written and oral communication and public relations skills.
- Mental agility and dedication to ingenuity.
- Exceptional organizational and administrative skills.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic.