- To motivate and develop each athletes’ skills, attitudes, and habits that will guide them toward success, personal growth, and good character.
- To provide examples of fair play, team building, and respect.
- Provide leadership and motivation to excel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend all tryouts, practice meetings, and in-school events, and supervise students during related field trips and other out-of-school functions.
- Assist with organizing practice schedules and game rosters.
- Assist with assigning positions to players, and develop strategies and styles of play.
- Attend out-of-school meetings, supervise fundraisers, and help students prepare for competitions.
- Coach individual participants of varying abilities in the skills necessary for achievement in Football.
- Assist with tracking student performance throughout the season and develop stat sheets on players.
- Assist with arranging with the athletics and activities director for any necessary transportation, scheduling, coordinating of officials, or other arrangements for competitions related to the sport.
- Ensure the safety of the students and maintain responsibility for the security of equipment and facilities and ensure that safety equipment is used correctly.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Idaho Teaching Certification, American Sport Education Program Certification, or National Federation of Interscholastic Coaches Association Certification strongly preferred.
- Certification or willingness to obtain certification in first aid and CPR required.