Siena College's Assistant Coach for Club Ice Hockey should understand and exemplify Siena College's mission statement and Franciscan values.
- Assisting in the organization of a participatory club level ice hockey program.
- Mentoring student athlete's placing a higher focus on academics.
- Evaluating the student athletes strengths and weaknesses and providing constructive feedback for improvement.
- Being present at all student practices and competitions.
- Following the College's expectations, rules, and policies to maintain compliance.
- Following the College's health and safety guidelines for injuries and injury prevention.
- Fostering open communication with the team for their individual growth as a student and as an athlete.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- A deep knowledge and love of the game.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working effectively with students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds.
- The ability to coach students effectively in practices and games.
- Candidates must possess a valid driver's license and insurability at the time of appointment and must maintain such license and insurability throughout the tenure of employment.