1. Previous coaching experience or assisting in a recognized program above the novice level for at least two years.
2. Completion of a course in the prevention of athletic injuries, or agreeable to complete the class before the start of the second season coaching.
3. Current first aid and CPR training or willing to complete CPR training before the second season.
4. Complete CAP 1 and CAP 2 before the end of the second season.
1. BS or BA degree with a minimum of two years successful teaching experience.
2. Valid Michigan teaching certificate.
3. Prior demonstrated ability to provide positive leadership for coaches and athletes, and to serve as a positive role model in all aspects of the coaching profession.
4. Experience in a multi-cultural urban school district.
5. Successful prior participation in the sport at either the high school, college or professional level.