The Assistant Ice-Skating Instructor is expected to perform the necessary duties associated with the operation of the Learn to Skate program. Most tasks are of a public service nature and performed to ISI or other City of Wasilla adopted standards, guidelines, and programs.
- Instruct skating lessons and other ice arena programs in accordance with the Ice-Skating Institute or other City of Wasilla adopted standards.
- Communicate with other skating instructors and facility staff the need for additional assistance and/or equipment required for ice skating programs and safe operation of the ice arena.
- Educate ice arena patrons and inform them of the purpose and need for safety and demonstrate the ability to convey ice arena rules and regulations.
- Observe and enforce all rules and regulations of the facility.
- Assist in preparation and cleanup of ice arena for skating classes.
- Complete all required ice-skating lessons, records, and reports for submittal to the Ice-Skating Program Facilitator.
- Report all issues, concerns, and programming needs to Ice Skating Program Facilitator.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience and training that would provide the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for the successful performance of the essential job duties.
- Must be at least 14 years of age (with a valid and approved State of Alaska Work Permit); or 18 years of age or older and eligible for employment in the United States.