Under general supervision assists in ensuring that the district Vision, Mission and Goals are achieved and supports and reinforces a JV sports program that is educationally sound, athletically productive, and creates a positive learning experience for students. Reports to the Head JV Coach and/or Head Varsity Coach.
- Supports and reinforces a productive JV sports program.
- Provides and ensures the maintenance of adequate
and safe areas of play; ensures that all participants undergo thorough conditioning and proper education on the fundamentals of the sport.
- Responsible for the health and safety of student athletes; ensures that proper safety and first aid procedures are followed at all times; follows all appropriate emergency procedures; confirms that all participants have a valid physical examination before participation; follows up on all injuries by calling parents, visiting at the emergency room/hospital, etc.
- Promotes and maintains positive relationships with parents and student athletes; attends parent meetings prior to the beginning of the season; complies with the JV and Varsity Head coaching philosophy and expectations, understands “awards” policy, insurance information, and warnings of inherent risks of injury, etc.
- Reinforces appropriate behavior of coaching staff, players, and other team personnel at all times.
Working conditions are in both office and outdoor environments with exposure to various environmental conditions; requires ability to work under a degree of stress related to duties that require constant attention to detail; physical demands may require the lifting or moving of items weighing up to 35 pounds; occasional local or out-of-state travel is required; some overnight travel may be required; and job requires the operation of standard office equipment. Berkeley County School District is a smoke free district.