Under general supervision, is responsible for cooperating with the Varsity and JV Head Coaches to lead the Boys Basketball program. Season begins on November 13th and concludes in early February. Practices time vary in the afternoon 3:00-4:30 to 5:00-7:00 depending on gym schedule. There are some Saturday commitments.
- Teaches appropriate fundamentals, techniques and skills.
- Is responsible for health and safety of the athletes.
- In cooperation with Varsity and JV Head Coaches, articulates a well-defined and understandable coaching philosophy.
- Applies developmentally appropriate and age appropriate methods to coaching student-athletes.
- Emphasizes sportsmanship and leadership among athletes.
- Clearly communicates to players, parents, administrators and staff.
- Positively motivates athletes and promote teamwork.
- Attends all meetings and trainings as required by the league and/or Athletic Director.
- Is familiar with and complies with all policies and regulations as put forth in the school’s documents.
- Since safety and security are everyone’s responsibility, takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, faculty, staff, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree in physical education or related field from a four-year college or university preferred.
- Demonstrated competence and experience in coaching basketball required.
- Recent successful coaching experience in an Upper School environment preferred.
- Must possess or be willing to obtain valid First Aid/CPR card.