The job of the assistant coach is to support the head coach in directing the education, leadership, supervision and organization of the assigned interscholastic team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides ongoing supervision of athletes before/during/after practices/conditioning sessions, games, travel and other school-sanctioned events as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Maintains current knowledge of all national, state, league and District rules and regulations related to the assigned sport/activity, student participation and parent/community involvement.
- Teaches and emphasizes safety procedures and precautions to all athletes on a daily basis throughout season.
- Immediately reports all injuries using the Accident Report Form, established process, and communicates with staff regarding all injuries and return to play timelines.
- Reports violations or suspected violations of established rules and regulations to the Head Coach.
- Assist other personnel, as may be required, supporting them in completion of their wok activities.
- Ability to motivate student athletes.
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups from varied educational and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to direct and evaluate performance of assistant coaches.
- Ability to organize and manage all aspects of assigned interscholastic sport/activity.