The Assistant Coach reports to the Head Coach and is prepared to assist in the administration, supervision, and development of the Lacrosse program.
- Recruiting perspective cadet-athletes to be outstanding cadets and outstanding contributors to the Lacrosse program.
- Knowledge of academic rules for eligibility.
- Supervision of cadet-athletes’ progress towards a degree.
- Physical and mental preparation of cadet-athletes.
- Proper instruction of sound techniques and game strategies.
- Knowledge and proper execution of safe practices associated with coaching Lacrosse.
- Knowledge and proper execution of VMI, conference, and NCAA rules.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and Collegiate lacrosse experience.
- Strong academic background, good organizational and supervisory skills, ability to relate to students in a leadership role, and good people skills required.
- The candidate should possess working knowledge of video editing software.
- Applicants must possess the ability to recruit in high schools, primarily in Virginia and the surrounding states.
- The Candidate must have demonstrated knowledge of and ability to comply with NCAA, conference, and Institute rules and regulations.