Under administrative direction, the Coaching Assistant provides coaching assistance to the Head Coach for Women’s Lacrosse by assisting with every aspect of Sun Devils Lacrosse operations, as well as assists in the development of student athletes both on the field and in the classroom.
- Assists in practice planning, scouting and game preparation.
- Assists in on field skill development of student athletes.
- Plans travel and meals: schedules bus/air travel, book hotels, arranges meals in conjunction with the Director of Operations and Travel Agency.
- Assists in recruitment and selection of student athletes.
- Assists in database management and organization of recruiting visits.
- Participates in clinics, exhibitions, campus, and public relation activities as approved and which are in conformance. with all applicable rules and regulations governing intercollegiate athletes.
- Organizes and instructs Sun Devil Lacrosse camps and clinics.
- Experience in collaborating with coaching staff in support of the vision of Head Coach.
- Experience in leading by example in communicating, participating and encouraging support of the institution’s and Sun Devils Lacrosse core values.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and demonstrated commitment to NCAA rules and regulations.
- Experience in coaching in lacrosse with a D1 athletics program.
- Evidence of interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively and professionally with coaches, administrators, recruits, parents, etc.
- Experience in taking initiative and having a strong work ethic.
- Ability/willingness to figure out solutions to problems independently.