To provide the coaching and administrative skills necessary to direct a competitive NCAA Division I women’s lacrosse program. Responsible for the organization, direction, and administration of all aspects of the women’s lacrosse program in accordance with Howard University, Northeast Conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in providing direction, coordination, and instruction to the Howard University Women’s Lacrosse Team in compliance with the Athletic Department and University policies and procedures and NCAA and Northeast Conference rules.
- Responsible for adhering to policies and procedures of the Department, University, NCAA, and Northeast Conference.
- Responsible for assisting in recruiting highly skilled student-athletes.
- Responsible for assisting in the orientation of student-athletes and counseling the student-athletes in sport participation and athletics.
- Assist with establishing and setting training rules for student-athletes and inform them of acceptable standards of conduct.
- Assist in establishing eligibility of freshmen and transferring student-athletes and assure continued eligibility of returning student-athletes.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
- Two years of successful coaching experience OR playing competitively either at the collegiate or professional level.
- Specific knowledge in the sport of lacrosse and knowledge and compliance with NCAA rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational, written, and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, discretion, and flexibility.
- Knowledge of personal computers, Microsoft Office, standard office equipment, and all equipment used in lacrosse.