- Complies with drug-free workplace rules and board policies.
- Relevant coaching experience. Knowledgeable about interscholastic athletic program regulations.
- Completion of state activity supervisory permit requirements (e.g., first aid/CPR, etc.).
- Meets all mandated health requirements.
- A record free of criminal violations that would prohibit public school employment.
- Works with student athletes to improve personal and teamwork skills. Provides guidance and encouragement to help students benefit from participation in program activities.
- Upholds board policies and follows administrative guidelines/procedures. Promotes a professional image of the school district. Encourages community partnerships that enhance district programs.
- Promotes effective communications and assistance. Uses problem-solving techniques to tactfully address questions/concerns. Refers policy interpretation inquiries to administrative staff.
- Reviews procedures and schedules before the start of the season. Consults with the head coach to evaluate program needs. Promotes the proper use, care, and security of school property.
- Attends all mandatory programs (e.g., rules interpretation, safety clinics, etc.).
- Monitors innovations, evaluates activities, and recommends program improvements.
- Helps coordinate the development of off-season activities (e.g., summer training, clinics, etc.).
- Balancing, bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, and standing.
- Exposure to adverse weather conditions and temperature extremes.
- Exposure to blood-borne pathogens and communicable diseases.
- Interactions with aggressive, disruptive, and/or unruly individuals.
- Operating and/or riding in a vehicle.
- Lifting, carrying, and moving work-related supplies/equipment.
- Traveling to meetings and work assignments.
The Granville Exempted Village School District Board of Education is an equal opportunity employer. This job description identifies general responsibilities and is not intended to be a complete list of all duties performed. This document is subject to change in response to student demographics, staffing factors, funding variables, modified operating procedures, and other unforeseen events.