The Men and Women’s Assistant Golf Coach will assist the Head Golf Coach with recruiting, assisting in practice and games for the College’s golf team. The assistant coach will adhere to the general employee guidelines as specified by the Personnel handbook, the Vice President of Student Services, the Alabama Community College Conference (ACCC), and the National Junior College Athletic Association.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the supervision of players on and off the golf course.
- Recruit the best possible student athletes to Calhoun, preferably in North Alabama.
- Report all relevant activities and actions to the head coach, athletic director and the president.
- Follow the proper chain of command with any relevant issues in the college.
- Maintain a proper working relationship with all faculty and staff at Calhoun.
- Assist with facilities that are used by the golf team.
- Assist in organizing practices, game plans, and tournaments for the men and women’s team.
- Consistently monitor team equipment to ensure that it is properly used.
- Exemplify proper conduct for the student athletes and toward all members of the college and in the community.
- A minimum of an Associate’s degree from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of (1) year of experience successfully teaching/coaching golf and/or competitive golf experience.