Northwestern State University is currently seeking applicants for the position of Assistant Men and Women's Track and Field/Cross Country Coach. Northwestern State, an NCAA Division I (FCS} member sponsors 14 varsity sports.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Three years of coaching experience on the collegiate level preferred.
- USATF Level II certification preferred.
- Important emphasis of this position will be the ability and motivation to recruit, to foster competitive growth for the team's jumpers, and to assist in administrative duties as requested.
Coaching and Related Duties:
- Perform duties in all pre-season, in-season and off-season practice sessions, as assigned by head coach.
- Perform duties during intercollegiate competitions as assigned by head coach.
- Attend NCAA complianc.e educational sessions as required by the university compliance coordinator
- Stay abreast of and comply with all NCAA rules and regulations.
- Perform grounds and facility duties specific to sport as assigned by head coach.
- Assist with fund raisers as assigned by head coach.
- Attend alumni functions and fund raisers as schedule permits.
- Participate in community activities that afford the opportunity to promote track and field program, the department and/or the university.
- Identify and cultivate potential donors to the university.