The Assistant Coaching Instructor supports the Head Men’s and Women’s Cross Country/Track & Field Coaching Instructor to provide coaching instruction and administrative support to other coaches and administrative staff while ensuring compliance with all related governing bodies including the NCAA, OAC Conference, and institutional regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate practice time to include such responsibilities as implementing drills and meet plans into practices, offering input for meet strategies. The Assistant Coaching Instructor will assist players in the learning process, and keep track of players’ punctuality and participation in practices when needed.
- Implement and lead elements of practices and meets to include preparation, effective execution of drills, one-on-one development work with athletes as warranted, and fulfillment of game day responsibilities.
- Assist the Head M&W Cross Country/Track & Field Coaching Instructor with the development of strategies for a successful program including well-organized practice plans and participation in the development and execution of meet strategies. Specifically lead the aforementioned criteria during the fall track & field practice schedule, as well as during the indoor and outdoor competition seasons.
- Oversee and be responsible for the track and field budget and purchasing items.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain certifications in CPR and AED.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work independently
- Ability to effectively communicate with diverse constituencies.
- Must understand and comply with NCAA, conference, and University rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Interest in understanding and supporting John Carroll’s mission to inspire individuals to excel in learning, leadership, and service in the region and in the world.