The Assistant Men and Women’s Track & Field/Cross Country Coaching Instructor (Assistant Coaching Instructor) collaborates with the Head Men’s and Women’s Cross Country/Track & Field Coaching Instructor in providing support for the organization of the program and implementation of meet and practice plans.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate practice time to include such responsibilities as implementing drills and meet plans into practices, offering input for meet strategies. The Assistant Coaching Instructor will assist players in the learning process, and keep track of players’ punctuality and participation in practices when needed.
- Implement and lead elements of practices and meets to include preparation, effective execution of drills, one-on-one development work with athletes as warranted, and fulfillment of game day responsibilities.
- Assist the Head M&W Cross Country/Track & Field Coaching Instructor with the development of strategies for a successful program including well-organized practice plans and participation in the development and execution of meet strategies. Specifically lead the aforementioned criteria during the fall track & field practice schedule, as well as during the indoor and outdoor competition seasons.
- Oversee and be responsible for the track and field budget and purchasing items.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of one (1) year of collegiate coaching experience or two (2) years of successful coaching experience as head or assistant coach at the high school level or equivalent experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain certifications in CPR and AED.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work independently
- Ability to effectively communicate with diverse constituencies.
- Must understand and comply with NCAA, conference, and University rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.