ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the assistant coach of the program by providing sport training and instruction under the direction of the head coach, assisting in the conduct of practice sessions and development of contest strategy.
- Meet institution, NCAA, and ODAC obligations as the assistant coach.
- Select, train, supervise and evaluate student managers, if applicable.
- Assist, as needed, with the implementation of a successful recruiting plan to yield an appropriate number and quality of student-athletes for the program, including some or all of the following: assistance with the communication flow (printed, online and telephone), participation in Randolph Admissions preview days, coordination of interviews on campus, in high schools, and at homes or other locations with student-athletes, parents, and high school/club coaches.
- Assist with supervision of the physical conditioning and development of injury prevention techniques, preseason preparation of student-athletes, and post-season completion of program administrative duties.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CERTIFICATION:
- Minimum qualifications include a bachelor’s degree and a commitment to the values, standards, and expectations of NCAA Division III athletics and a liberal arts college.
- An accomplished background in sports program, preferably at the collegiate level.
- Must have valid Virginia driver’s license and insurance coverage (if driving own vehicle) or be insurable if expected to drive College/rental vehicles on school business.