Hofstra University, an NCAA Division I institution and member of the Colonial Athletic Association, is seeking a highly motivated individual for the full-time position of Assistant Men’s and Women’s Cross Country and Track Coach. The Assistant Coach is responsible for supporting the Head Coach in ensuring the program’s success as it relates to the skill development and performance of the student-athletes, as well as the recruitment, retention, and conduct of the student-athletes.
- Assists with the player development as it relates to proper technique, advanced skill instruction, and competition strategy.
- Helps with evaluation and recruitment of student-athletes.
- Evaluates the performance, conduct, and abilities of individuals and groups as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Assists, develops, and participates in program planning, contest preparation, practice sessions, game day activities, and the coordination game and practice schedules.
- Monitors and assists in areas as assigned including strength and conditioning, recruitment, academic enhancement, equipment, financial planning and budgeting, purchasing, and fundraising.
- Available to participate in public relations activities and community outreach programs as well as marketing and development initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Valid United States driver’s license.
- Strong organizational skills.