Visiting Assistant Golf Coach assists in development, management, implementation, and advancement of competitive intercollegiate golf program within the philosophy, objectives, policies, and guidelines of NCAA Division II, the Great Lakes Valley Conference (GLVC), and Department of Athletics at the University of Illinois Springfield (UIS). The Visiting Assistant Golf Coach reports to the Head Golf Coach.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Teach and instruct advanced level skills, techniques, and game strategies inherent in the highest level of competitive play; developing UIS golf student-athletes to successful competitive achievements.
- Assist in recruiting highly successful golf student-athletes who are both physically and academically talented, who represent UIS and Department of Athletics with good character, and who strive to graduate from UIS.
- Assist in preparation for practices, competitions, and team travel.
- Assist with fundraising, marketing, promotion, and alumni and community engagement of UIS golf and Department of Athletics at UIS.
- Collaborate with athletic training staff, academic support personnel, strength and conditioning, compliance staff, and other campus personnel to enhance and support UIS golf student-athlete experience.
- Accountable for compliance with all NCAA Division II and Great Lakes Valley Conference rules; including submission of all compliance forms, adherence to all compliance policies and procedures, and attendance of mandatory NCAA rules education sessions.
- Assist in coordinating camps/clinics in an effort to increase local and regional exposure of UIS and UIS golf.
- Attend GLVC, UIS, and Department of Athletics meetings as scheduled; hold office hours in the office in the Recreation and Athletic Center; complete required NCAA and UIS training.
UIS is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer with a strong institutional commitment to recruitment and retention of a diverse and inclusive campus community. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.