The assistant coach for men's and women's golf is responsible for assisting the head men's and women's golf coach in implementing and directing all phases of a competitive NCAA Division III men's and women's golf program at DePauw University. This includes recruiting quality student-athletes, organizing and planning practices and game strategies, scouting, coaching, scheduling, budgeting and planning team travel in compliance with University, conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
Essential Functions Statement(s):
- Understand and comply with NCAA Division III, conference and University rules and regulations. Demonstrate sportsmanship and ethical conduct.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to individuals of diverse cultural backgrounds and a commitment to a diverse community.
- Implement and execute a comprehensive recruiting plan for the identification and recruitment of qualified student-athletes, and maintain an acceptable roster per the University
- Demonstrate a scheduling philosophy that emphasizes academic priorities for student-athletes.
- Develop and implement plans and strategies for practices and competition which result in athletics success.
- Mentor student-athletes to ensure athletics and academic success.
- Schedule competition, make transportation and lodging arrangements for team travel
- Administer a fiscally sound athletics program.
- Evaluate program effectiveness.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Collegiate playing experience in men's or women's golf is highly desirable.
- Experience as a PGA professional or club professional is desirable.
- Leadership experience preferred.
- Previous golf coaching experience (any level) preferred.