The Assistant Coach will teach undergraduate courses supporting the Physical Education Teacher Education program, the Athletic Coaching Education minor, and/or the Kinesiology major. The Assistant Coach may supervise student field study and/or student teaching placements.
- Master’s degree from accredited institution related to the field of Kinesiology or Education.
- Coaching experience as USA Swimming or Diving coach, graduate assistant or volunteer assistant for NCAA swim or dive team, or equivalent position.
- Ability to obtain CPR and First Aid certification.
- Teach coaching, physical education and/or human performance courses. All instructional staff at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater may be required to teach evening and/or weekend classes.
- Work with the HPERC faculty on course development and design.
- Maintain regular weekly office hours.
- Assist head coach to plan and direct the development of student-athletes in relation to general and specific skills necessary for successful competition.
- Adhere to all athletic training measures for the safety and welfare of student-athletes.
- Assist with scheduling, conduct, and management of intercollegiate athletics contests.
- Assist with instructing student-athletes in the principles and rules of the sport, WIAC and University policies.