The Assistant Men and Women’s Swim Coach is responsible for aiding the Head Men and Women’s Swimming and Diving Coach in the execution of practices and meet day instruction/coaching, as well some recruiting and administrative duties. This is a professional assistant coaching position and all of the duties of the position must be conducted in adherence with the policies, rules, and regulations of affiliated national, regional, and state intercollegiate athletic associations, the NESCAC Conference and the College.
- Coach student-athletes at the direction of the head coach.
- Spend time coaching student-athletes during practices, meets, and scrimmages.
- Attend meetings related to coaching: working with the head coach and other staff.
- Travel related to student coaching, as applicable.
- Administrative duties as assigned by the head coach.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization preferred.
- Commitment to equity and inclusion, and serving the needs of a culturally and educationally diverse community.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop and maintain collegial relationships. Must be flexible, collaborative and have a positive attitude.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.