The Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swim Coach reports directly to the Head Men’s and Women’s Swim Coach. The purpose of this position is to assist the head coach in managing all aspects of two highly competitive NCAA Division III Men’s and Women’s Swim programs.
- Adhere to and enforce all policies and procedures of the department and institution as well as the rules and regulations of the Middle Atlantic Conference (MAC), MAC Freedom, the NCAA, and other authorities that may legitimately influence the intercollegiate athletics program.
- Assist the head coaching in designing and planning training sessions and provide direction in all team practices and competitions.
- Actively participate in recruitment of prospective student-athletes. Ensure full compliance with NCAA guidelines in all aspects of the recruiting process.
- Provide leadership and instruction in the personal and athletic development of student-athletes, including counseling team members in academic, disciplinary, and personal matters.
- Develop and implement strategies for motivating student-athletes to perform at maximum levels as both individuals and a team.
- Coordinate with other offices on campus including strength and conditioning, sports medicine, campus dietician, counseling and psychological services, and other support services to ensure that the team is well prepared for competition and their overall development and growth.
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred.
- Prior coaching experience required.
- Prior coaching experience at the collegiate level is preferred.