The Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swim Coach reports directly to the Head Men’s and Women’s Swim Coach. This position is responsible for helping the head coach manage all aspects of two competitive NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association) Division III Men’s and Women’s Swim programs. The top priority must be the overall collegiate experience of the student-athlete and a commitment to promoting a positive and healthy team culture that encourages growth and development.
- Adhere to and enforce all policies and procedures of the department and institution as well as the rules and regulations of the Middle Atlantic Conference (MAC), MAC Freedom, the NCAA, and other authorities that may legitimately influence the program.
- Responsible for assisting the head coach in designing and planning training sessions and providing direction and support in all team practices and competitions.
- Participate in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes. Ensure full compliance with NCAA guidelines in all aspects of the recruiting process.
- Provide leadership and instruction in the personal and athletic development of student-athletes, including counseling team members in academic, disciplinary, and personal matters.
- Develop and implement strategies for motivating student-athletes to perform at maximum levels as both individuals and a team.
- Work together with other offices on campus including strength and conditioning, sports medicine, campus dietician, counseling and psychological services, and other support services to ensure that the team is well prepared for competition and their overall development and growth.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
- Prior coaching experience required.
- Prior coaching experience at the collegiate level is preferred.
- Communicate effectively and professionally, including written, interpersonal, and public speaking.
- Must be willing to work early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.