The successful candidate will demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of the role of athletics in the liberal arts college curriculum and the integration of the student-athlete and coaching staff into the overall educational experience offered at The Colleges.
- Assist head coach with developing and implementing training and instruction for practices and competitions.
- Provide assistance with all administrative aspects of the sports program. This includes but is not limited to: prompt completion of all administrative paperwork, team travel logistics, creation of practice plans, scholar-athlete and team development, and collaboration with CMS athletics staff in the areas of sports medicine, business operation, compliance, equipment, facilities, and events.
- Recruit and retain academically qualified student-athletes to the highly selective liberal arts institutions of Claremont McKenna, Harvey Mudd, and Scripps Colleges.
- Represent CMS Athletic Department and the swimming and diving programs in a positive manner within the SCIAC as well as regionally and nationally.
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Previous collegiate participation and coaching are preferred.
Experience in the recruitment of academically focused scholar-athletes is preferred.
A valid driver’s license is required.