The incumbent will assist the Head Men’s and Women’s Tennis Coach with managing a competitive Tennis program that adheres to all University, SWAC, and NCAA rules and regulations while providing a safe and accepting environment for student-athletes to grow and develop academically, athletically and one which encourages personal responsibility, sportsmanship and service to others.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough and accurate knowledge in the subject sport.
- Working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Strong knowledge of tennis skills and strategies.
- Good communication skills, verbal, written and interpersonal.
- Strong coaching and recruiting skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to recruit effectively.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of people in a diverse community.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists with year-round recruitment of high school and junior college players, including traveling to prospective games/events, phone calls and letters to both coaches and players
- Assists with delivering coaching instructions in a variety of learning styles.
- Assists with pre/post workouts.
- Ensures tapes/video equipment are prepared for home and away games and exchange tapes with opponents.
- Records statistics for each match.
- Represents Alcorn State University and the men’s and women’s tennis program in a professional manner.