Responsible for assisting in all aspects of the Southeastern Community College NJCAA Division I Men’s and Women’s Track and Field program. Assigned duties may include: assisting in recruiting and supervision of student-athletes, assisting in coordinating and supervising practices, assisting in coordinating and facilitating fundraising activities, assisting with travel itineraries and protocols, and assisting with budget oversight and the overall daily operations of the Men’s and Women’s Track and Field program.
- Commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy.
- Responsible for assisting the head coach in meeting Track and Field team roster quota as directed by athletic director.
- Work within the SCC Athletic Department to develop and maintain a successful Track and Field program.
- Assist with the coordination of practices, recruitment, fundraising, monitoring, and reporting of student-athletes (academically and behaviorally).
- Work cooperatively with area individuals and organizations to develop and sustain a fundraising and support. organization for the Men’s and Women’s Track and Field program.
- Bachelor’s degree required with emphasis in Physical Education, Sports Management, or Sports Science preferred.
- College Track and Field participation preferred.
- Experience as an athlete or recruiter with international recruitment/placement agencies.
- Prior experience coaching Track and Field preferred, with preference given to coaching collegiate athletes.
- Knowledge of computer software applications specifically Microsoft Office programs; ability to learn and develop competency in SCC’s administrative software (Ellucian).