The Assistant Track and Field Coach is responsible for the on-field coaching and recruitment of academically-qualified student athletes for a NCAA Division I Men's and Women's Track and Field program, within the guidelines, rules and regulations of Drake University, the NCAA and the Missouri Valley Conference. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to have positive relationships with student-athletes, program staff and support staff.
- Performs planning, organization and execution for coaching (instruction/education) duties as described and assigned by the Head Coach for all meetings, practice sessions and competitions.
- Perform recruiting activities and responsibilities as assigned by the Head Coach to meet the objectives of the university and team, including the evaluation, contact, and establishing relationships with prospective student-athletes and coaches.
- Function in meet day organization and assignments as prescribed by the Head Coach.
- Assists with organizing team/alumni fundraising, mailings, event, public relations and other assignments.
- Assists with organizing and implementing seasonal camps and clinics.
- Collegiate athletic experience.
- Ability to pass NCAA coaches’ recruiting exam.
- Valid state issued driver’s license.
- CPR and First Aid certification.