As an Assistant Coach for NJIT's intercollegiate baseball team, this function finds the incumbent responsible for assisting the Head Coach in the proper and overall management of the Baseball program. To accomplish this role, responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Assists in organizing, preparing, and conducting individual and team practices, training and competition.
- Assists in the identification and recruitment of prospective student-athletes for the intercollegiate baseball program, in accordance with NCAA rules, regulations, guidelines and standards.
- Provides guidance and assistance to student-athletes on a range of personal issues, as required.
- Recommends and submits proposed budget for the intercollegiate baseball program for each upcoming season.
- Fund raises, as needed in coordination with University Advancement, to supplement additional monies for the program.
- Three years of experience coaching at the collegiate level with a specialty in one of the following areas: hitting or pitching
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with faculty, staff and students required.
- Demonstrated competitive coaching skills in area of sporting specialty. Knowledge of applicable team or individual sport and its playing rule.
- Must possess the ability to foster a cooperative environment.
- Must be able to organize and coordinate.
- Must have knowledge of NCAA student-athlete academic eligibility requirements & recruiting rules.
- Must have the ability to understand, follow and enforce safety procedures.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.