Characteristics Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Head Coach planning and conducting in season and off season team practice and conditioning programs.
- Assist the Head Coach and players during game play.
- Assist individual players in baseball skill development through skills training and weight and conditioning training.
- Assist in the identification and recruitment of new players to the program. This may include traveling to regional high school and club baseball events and baseball showcases.
- Assist in the scheduling of baseball practices and matches, including arranging transportation, driving a team vehicle, securing funds for travel, making travel arrangements, etc.
- Represent the Athletic Department and the Men's Baseball program on college committees or task forces and at college events and/or other public meetings.
- Communicate as necessary with the other Illinois Skyway Collegiate Conference and NJCAA Region IV Baseball Coaches.
- Participate in Athletic Coaches professional development including annual training in NJCAA regulations, CPR, AED usage, Blood Born Pathogen, Exercise Induced Asthma and use of Epi-Pen.
- An associate's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable skills and abilities can be obtained is required. A bachelor's degree is preferred.
- One year of baseball coaching experience as a head or assistant coach at the college, high school, club or travel team levels is required. Collegiate coaching experience preferred.
- Collegiate level playing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of NJCAA/NCAA/NAIA rules and regulations is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, planning and leadership skills and positive role model for young adults is expected.